Dáil na Scoile is a representative structure for students only, through which they can become involved in the affairs of the school, working in partnership with school management, the Parents’ Council and the staff in order to improve the school.
The meetings run twice every term during lunch time with M.Cáit.
President, Vice-President, and Secretary of the Student Council
These are appointed from the representative to the Student Council & the Cinnirí. They will steer the great work done by the STudent Council, and will provide updates and feedback at Board of Management meetings.
It is with great pride that we annunce the ‘Cinnirí’ (leadership) scheme for the 2021-22 school year. The privilege of this role will provide many opportunities for our senior students to develop their leadership skills, to promote and develop their own Irish skills along with those of their fellow students, and to have a positive influence on their school on a daily basis and in the long term. We accepted applications from interested students, and met with each applicant to discuss ways in which we could develop the Cinnire role.
Among the activities and responsibilities that were identified in this process were:
- to be a good example for fellow students, always speaking in Irish and to contribute to a positive school atmosphere,
- developing a strategy for Irish language, in conjunction with a staff group and thhe Gaelbhratach committee,
- Being an ambassador for our school at special events,
- To mingle with year groups at break times, and to give recognition for effort and contributing to the positive school atmosphere through the awarding of positive points where merited,
- and many more excellent contributions to a positive school environment.
We are hugely indebted to all who took part in shaping the new and important role for students.