Litir ó Aire Oideachais – Letter from Minister for Education Norma Foley 12/01/2021
Seo thíos litir ón Aire Oideachais chugaibh
Litir do Thuismitheoirí 15/09/20 – Link to Parent Survey here
I hope you are all well and settling into the new norm. As you know we are in a different time and we need to reimagine some of our start of year activities. We need to be adaptable and flexible and ready for any situation that Covid-19 might bring. I would like to take this opportunity to commend everyone for their support and cooperation
Your help is needed.
We are currently rolling out the VSware APP to all parents. (App available now for iOS and Android) You can also login to your account as normal through a web browser but you will lose some of the functionality. We strongly advise to download app and to use that with your own parent account to review attendance and send in absence notes, pay fees, receive communications and information from school, review timetable, receive academic and behavior reports.
Link to Help documents for VS Parent App https://support.vsware.ie/parent-app-overview
Link to Submitting Attendance through App https://support.vsware.ie/parent-app-attendance
With the current restrictions on leaving the school grounds and students in zones, we are looking for more ideas on what we can do to at lunch time in particular. We would like to hear your ideas. Is there any way you could help us in providing a rich and varied extra-curricular program in the current climate? – Please fill in any ideas in Survey below
We are a young, dynamic school with consistently great results while also ensuring that all students receive support. Due to COVID-19 we cannot make visits to schools or organize our open night as normal. We are immensely proud of our school and our school community, you as parents help us every year in highlighting the strengths of our school to perspective parents. This year more than ever we would love your support and engagement.
We have setup a small working group to try to reimagine what we do and we are looking for your support and your ideas.
How can we best adapt and showcase what we do here? How can we engage with both parents and students who might consider coming to Coláiste Pobail Osraí? Is there anything we can do or is there anything you could do to spread benefits of the Coláiste? Please fill in your ideas and suggestions in survey below.
As you are aware we are not currently running either Study or Homework clubs. We have had a few queries about the possibility of study commencing. As you know they are both nearly self-financing supports. We want to figure out if there is enough interest in running them. We will have to keep class groups together with the possibility of year groups being facilitated. This will increase the costs involved. Before we go ahead we will confirm the costs. For the moment we are looking for expressions of interest from 1st year, 3rd Year and 6th year students who wish to participate. We will then engage (through the VS app) with the parents involved. 1st, 3rd and 6th Year parents please fill out your preference in survey below.
We ask you to ensure that all your daughter/son’s classes are accessible to them and that they can access their class material and chats from teachers. Our teachers are all using Teams in classes and students should be prepared to follow along in teams in the event that they cannot attend class for one reason or another. We also have an online student portal “LIMISTEIR NA SCOLAIRI” for each year group where we communicate directly with them. Link to Microsoft Teams document for Parents.
Please respond to the questionnaire with all your ideas and in particular if you have any thoughts on what you can offer.
Le mór mheas,
Cathnia Ó Muircheartaigh
Torthaí na hArdteiste – Leaving cert results 2020 – 7th September
Súil againn go n-éireoidh go geall libh ar an Luan. Mar is eol daoibh ar fad beidh na torthaí ar fáil ar líne ar na Luan beag seo. Táim cinnte go bhfuil sibh ar bís na torthaí a fháil. Táimid ar fad ag súil go bhfaigh sibh na torthaí atá uaibh agus go féidir libh bogadh ar aghaidh go dtí an chéad céim eile do bhur saol. Mar a dúirt mé roimh smaoinigh i gcónaí má dhúnann doras amháin osclóidh doras eile ach obair ina threo. Gach rath oraibh.
Ba mhaith linn más féidir libh go bhfaigh sibh bhur torthaí ar líne más féidir. Má tá fadhb agaibh beidh muid ar fáil daoibh agus is féidir linn na torthaí a thabhairt daoibh ach ta oraibh coinne a dhéanamh leis an Scoil. Tá na torthaí ar líne ar fáil ar líne ó 10rn ach ní bheidh siad réidh againne go dtí tar éis a 11 ach de bhar Covid-19 beidh gá coinne a dhéanamh le firstname.lastname@example.org 0567764557
Beidh an múinteoir gairm threorach agus muid féin ar fáil le aon eolas a thabhairt daoibh nó tacaíocht a chur ar fáil daoibh. Is trua nach bhfuil ar ár gcumas sibh a thabhairt isteach le cheile mar ghrúpa ag an bpointe seo.
• 7 September: Issue of results to students and schools – available on student portal
• 7 September: UCAS offers received by students
• 11 September: CAO offers received by students
• 14 September: Appeals process opens
• 14 September: Each student may gain access to the school’s estimated marks
and calculated marks from Calculated Grades Executive Office
Féach thíos sa “Guide for parents and Students “ ar conas na torthaí a fháil.
The Class of 2020 -The Results Are Out, What Now? A Guide For Parents & Students -The Institute of Guidance Counsellors
The wellbeing of the students who receive their Calculated Grades will be supported through a number of additional measures:• (Links missing below put in the PDF linked HERE)
The Leaving Certificate student helpline, at 1800 265 165, which is provided by the National Parents Council post primary (NPC-PP) will be available from 11am on 7 September for students to reach a guidance counsellor with any queries that they may have. This helpline will operate until after the CAO first round offers and is staffed by qualified guidance counsellors. Further details can be found here
• HSE/HSE-funded service providers will be available to support students through the provision of e-mental health services, linked here
• wellbeing resources developed by the National Educational Psychological Service are available here
• the CGEO helpline will be available at 1800 111135 or 1800 111136 from 9am to 4pm from Monday 7 September to Wednesday 16 September. Outside of these hours queries may be emailed to email@example.com
• information available from the Central Applications Office(CAO) at www.cao.ie
Here are the operating times of the NPC-PP LC 2020 Helpline:
Monday 7 September 2020 11am to 8pm
Tuesday 8 September 2020 11am to 8pm
Wednesday 9 September 2020 11am to 2pm
Thursday 10 September 2020 11am to 2pm
Friday 11 September 2020 12pm to 8pm
Saturday 12 September 2020 11am to 5pm
Tá roinnt beart breise leagtha amach chun tacú le folláine na scoláirí a fhaigheann Gráid Ríofa:
• beidh líne chabhrach do scoláirí Ardteistiméireachta, ag 1800 265 165, á cur ar fáil ag an gComhairle Náisiúnta na dtuismitheoirí (Iar-bhunscoile) óna 11.00 ar maidin ar an 7 Meán Fómhair ionas gur féidir le scoláirí ceisteanna a chur ar ghairmchomhairleoirí. Beidh an líne chabhrach ar fáil go dtí tar éis an chéad bhabhta de thairiscintí ón Lár-Oifig Iontrála agus is gairmchomhairleoirí cáilithe a bheidh ag freagairt na nglaonna. Gheofar tuilleadh sonraí anseo
• beidh soláthraithe seirbhíse FSS agus soláthraithe a fhaigheann cistiú ó FSS ar fáil chun tacú le scoláirí trí ríomhsheirbhísí meabhairshláinte a chur ar fáil anseo
• tá acmhainní folláine atá ceaptha ag an tSeirbhís Náisiúnta Síceolaíochta Oideachais ar fáil anseo
• beidh líne chabhrach Oifig Feidhmiúcháin na nGrád Ríofa (CGEO) ar fáil ag 1800 111135 agus 1800 111136 óna 9.00 a chlog ar maidin go dtí a 4.00 tráthnóna ón Luan 7 Meán Fómhair go dtí an Chéadaoin 16 Meán Fómhair. Lasmuigh de na huaireanta sin, is féidir ceisteanna a sheoladh i ríomhphost chuig firstname.lastname@example.org
• gheofar eolas ón Lár-Oifig Iontrála (CAO) ag www.cao.ie
Beidh an Líne Chabhrach NPC-PP LC 2020 ar fáil mar seo a leanas:
Dé Luain 7 Meán Fómhair 2020 11am – 8pm
Dé Máirt 8 Meán Fómhair 2020 11am – 8pm
Dé Céadaoin 9 Meán Fómhair 2020 11am – 2pm
Déardaoin 10 Meán Fómhair 2020 11am – 2pm
Dé hAoine 11 Meán Fómhair 2020 12pm – 8pm
Dé Sathairn 12 Meán Fómhair 2020 11am – 5pm
Má tá aon cheiost agaibh bí i dteagmháil linn. Táímid anseo daoibh!
Mairead Ní Néill – Múinteoir gairm threorach
Fred Tuite – Múinteoir gairm threorach
Síona Nic Eóin – Príomhoide Tánaisteach
Cathnia Ó Muircheartaigh – Príomhoide
Fograí agus eolas do thuismitheoirí – Announcements and information for parents
31/05/20 Idirbhliain 2020-2021 Transition Year
Seo thíos eolas don Idirbhliain. Please find information, as promised, for Transitoon Year 2020/21
There are 4 important links below. Please go through carefully.
- Litir ón Comhordaitheoir – Letter from Coordinator
- Contract for TY – Conradh don Idirbhliain – Please sign and return to email@example.com
- Questionnaire for Students (before 12/6/20) to be filled in with ideas for next year. (for students – please submit and if practical and a majority want something, we will investigate the possibility.) Má tá aon rud gur mhaith leat a dhéanamh seol isteach do thuairimí agus tógfar san áireamh é má tá éilimh an agus má tá sé oiriúnach. – Link to Questionnaire – Nasc don cheistneoir. (Signin with student email)
- Subject choice (Before 12/6/20) also needs to be entered through VSware Parent account to give us an idea of their subjects. Some will be modules, others may be on throughout the year.
Le mór mheas,
Coláiste Pobail Osraí
18/05/20 Examination Timetable Summer 2020 – Tráthchlár na Scrúdaithe Samhradh 2020
A thuismitheorí dhíl,
Seo thíos tráthchláir na scrúdaithe samhraidh ar líne. Tá siad thuas ar Limistéir na Scoláirí agus tá na scoláírí agus na múinteoirí ag obair ina dtreó. Má tá aon cheist agaibh bí i dteagmháíl lin ar firstname.lastname@example.org
Attached are copies of our timetables for the End of Year assessments. Students will already have received a copy of their timetable on the student General platform in Teams but also in their Year group Platform. The times allocated for each exam are slots only as each exam will have its length outlined in the instructions given by the teacher, in advance of commencement of each exam. Some exams may only take 30 minutes.
If you have any queries please contact us on email@example.com
11/05/20 Review of Enrolment Policy – Athbhreithniú ar ár bpolasaí Iontrála
A Chairde, Tá Bord Bainistíochta an Choláiste i lár athbhreithniú a dhéanamh ar ár bpolasaí iontrála chun go mbeadh sé in oiriúint do na forálacha nua atá ag teacht i bhfeidhm ó Mean Fómhar seo chugainn. The Board of Management are currently reviewing our enrolment policy in the context of the new enrolment provisions. This policy is to be ratified by the board later this month and will be sent to the ETB. Bheinn buíoch más féidir libh tuairimí a chur chugainn sa nasc seo If you have any comments or suggestions, please feel free to send to us through this link.
30/3/20 Litir go Thuismitheorí/Letter to Parents
Litir go Thuismitheorí/Letter to Parents 12/03/20
Litir faoi Covid-19 agus dúnadh na scoile